Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Oat Bars
A simple mid-week snack or healthy dessert option, these bars are naturally sweeteened an easy way to use up what’s in your kitchen and keep everyone satisfied. Swap out the chocolate chips for dried fruit or nuts to make these free of refined sugar.
You will need
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, plus more for greasing the pan
- 1 cup nut butter of choice
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups Eat Up! Gluten Free Regular Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-by-13-inch pan with coconut oil. Place 1/4 cup coconut oil and nut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 20 to 30 seconds until melted. In a separate bowl, whisk together banana, maple syrup, egg and baking powder. Add nut butter mixture to banana mixture. Stir in oats and chocolate chips until evenly incorporated. Pour into prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly golden brown and set. Allow to cool completely before slicing into 12 bars.