Gluten Free Summer Fruit Oat Clafouti
This decadent summer recipe is gluten free, naturally sweeted, and entirely lovely.
You will need
- 1 cup Eat Up! Gluten Free Regular Rolled Oats
- 1 Tbsp. flax seeds
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt (or alternative yogurt of your choice)
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp. honey, separated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp melted butter or coconut oil, plus some for greasing cake pan
- 3 heaping cups sliced peached, sliced plums, pitted fresh cherries or fresh blackberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 10” glass pie pan.
In a blender, combine oats and flax & grind into a fine powder. In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, 1/3 c. honey, salt, and vanilla until smooth. Whisk in ground oats/flax and melted butter or coconut oil. Arrange half of the fruit in the bottom of the pie pan, cover with batter, and arrange the rest of the fruit evenly on top. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the edges are golden brown, the top is golden and the custard is just firm and set. Drizzle top with remaining 2 Tbsp. honey and let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Can serve warm, room temperature, or cooled.